Me

Me
Nice to meet you...

Monday, October 18, 2010

Six months down...the REST of my life to go...

It’s been exactly six months since I’ve been “career challenged.” Can’t say I don’t enjoy the free time to able to just go off to enjoy myself… but I’m over being in a state of, what next.

Nope, I’m not gonna complain about the cramps in fingers from typing and retyping. And I’m not gonna say just how much I loathe cover letters. Or how I’m putting on weight sitting in the middle of my bed searching the internet for not just the next thing, but the “right” thing… Nope… Not talking bout any of that!!!

What I will say is I had a nice conversation with someone last week, that knows little about me and my life, but knows enough. It was nice to have someone actually listen to me, with open ears, ve understands where I’m coming from and trying to get to.

Being raised by the generation that desegregated the public schools in this country, the first in their families to get a full education; the challenge to be something other than a work horse is hard. The moment I decided that I was going to leave my first “real” job, I knew what the response would be… “You mean to tell me, you’re going to quit that good job?!!!” Which by the way was pretty much their exact words.

Growing up, I lived my life pretty much to the expectation of others. Never did I want to cause problems or have to have a “talk” about anything with my parents. Well, it took me well into my adult life to get the itch to live for myself, and start the search for whatever it is that will be my purpose in this world.

So it’s time to get it!!! Time to let LIFE BEGIN!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment