Me

Me
Nice to meet you...

Thursday, August 22, 2013

I Survived

So Sunday was a day filled with reminders of what I needed to remember about who I am.  I made it through, I survived.

Per my previous post... I woke up one way, and through out the day, God reminded me that I was feeling things for no reason.  I went to church and the guest speaker reminded me that there was no need to worry.  I went to an evening service with my Dad, and the guest speaker pointed out that God's got my back.  Those reminders have relaxed me. And I am reminding me, that I need to really get at the things I've been talking about, and allow God to handle the rest.

I can't make people want to be in my life, and I've stopped fighting to have that.
I can't keep giving myself away to people that in the end, really have no desire to not just give to me, but stay with me.

Looking at my life, and the things I want, the older I get, and the need to NOT just settle, I can no longer accept people wanting to be on the fringe of my life.  As the saying goes... "you're either in, or you're out?"  I'm going to miss many people, but I have the feeling once I step away, it will take a moment to even recognize I'm even gone.  I'm done trying for others, I'm now going to DO for me, until God gives me someone else to Do for.

No comments:

Post a Comment