Me

Me
Nice to meet you...

Friday, November 26, 2010

Holiday Magic

At the last minute I decided to "make" dinner at my dad's for Thanksgiving.
So with the help of Sam's, Stoffers, Stove Top & Publix... the meal was not bad.
I did have 3 other places to make it to, and only made it to one. Holidays are killer when it comes to spending time with others. I look forward to having my own place in the next few months (because I am getting that job!!), and everyone can come to me :-)

So I have my Christmas list, and I did get out to do some shopping. Not as organized as usual, but I pretty much went to where I needed to go. If I had a couple hundred more, I would have been able to take care of everyone on my list right now. And another couple hundred more, a few things for me too :-)

My mom asked me what I wanted, and really what I want, she can't give. A job & my own place is a great start. But otherwise I have a list of electronics, a Wii, a gps, a new digital camera and a flip.... you know the stuff that is on sale now. But the stuff is not important.

I'm looking for ways to be out and around other people so that I am able to share God's love. I took my nephew to lunch this past week and because we were outside, I ended up buying lunch for a homeless man. I'm hoping to volunteer with the Salvation Army toy drive set-up and a friend's church that will be making bagged lunches. But I will be going back for my 5th year to volunteer with Baby DJ. Volunteering is on my list of 40 things, I just gotta seek out the opportunities, and find some diversity.

This is the season of giving, and so many people are in need. When the "holiday season" is over, i don't plan to stop. And with that, I hope that you are inspired to share your time with someone too.








No comments:

Post a Comment