Me

Me
Nice to meet you...

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Getting Out

This week, I think was the first time in my life that I went out 4 days outta 7. LOL!!! I’m in the wrong house for that!! When I got ready to leave last night (of course I left late!!), my mother was like “where you going at 11 o’clock at night.” Well I know eventually the comments will come, but it’s ok. I’ve been content with living inside four walls without a true interest in really actively seeking, exploring and finding out about outside the 4-walls.

So this week it was The Grande, then the museum, then Hip Hop Karaoke, and tonight the Waldorf (the 3rd week in a row). Now, listening to the very talented young man play the piano is nice, and the place is cool… but, I don’t want to be looked at as a stalker. ROFL!!! But right now money is tight & I can’t really think of another place to go. So it’s back to the Waldorf with “new” friends.

Something else I did this week was reviewing my list. I needed to update and see where I am. Some things are done, some in good progress, others just dayum stalled. Especially the “man” part of the list. If you recall, I have “kiss 40 men” and “go on 40 dates” (which is going be changed). It will change to 2 dates with 20 guys, or whatever to add up to 40. So with that said… I went on one date, and that is when I decided to change it, BUT, I can’t get the guy to call me back. I have a 2 more friends that said they would go on dates with me, but it’s a matter of just getting them when they have time. Then I have 1 I think I’d just plain like to date, but don’t think he’s interested in me, so if I can get him to go out to lunch or whatever, I’d be happy just to get to know him.

So today, chatting with some extended family on fb, she tells me a “friend” of hers has been asking about me. “He” wants to get to know me. HUH? I think the first time I met him was with a friend, and I think he judged me to be someone I am not. Well, my first thought was WTF… SOOOOOO NOT MY TYPE. Translation, he’s a big time baby daddy, that looks like he’s content with being just that. So just like he did, I have judged him, but then I have more details on him. But then I thought back to my list, and the point of my list which is to meet different guys and get to know them, find out how they feel about things in life, and learn from them. The goal is not so much to find a relationship, but maybe start a one, a good friendship if nothing else. Thus… I’m probably going on the date with the guy I’d never give a 2nd look to. So, I have to call him and set it up. I’m not sure how this is going to go, but I’ll treat him like I will do the rest, flowers or candy, I’ll pick up the tab, but I think I’ll meet him where ever we go…. so stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment