Me

Me
Nice to meet you...

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ramblings on A Good Guy and Control

Today I got a call from a friend that needed to hash some things out. He's dating someone that is separated and not really making the effort to be divorced, and he's interested in getting married. Translation, she's enjoying being "single," so what's he to do?

As we chatted about his dating history since we've met, and his lack of being social in a very social city, he began to hear from his own mouth what his problem was and what he needed to do.
(BTW, since I'm giving nicknames... let's call this one "Numbers." )
Numbers and I met when he saw me through a window while I was working in another city. He was nervous about talking to me, so when someone else gave him my number, he would call and hang up. After a few weeks, we finally had a chat. We hung out a couple of times, and he even asked me to marry him, with a promise of letting me stay home to raise our kids.... After I picked my mouth up off the floor and got my mind back, I told him no :-) But, we've remained the kinda friends that don't have to talk everyday or every month, but every few months or so I'll call to say hi, or he calls with womens issues.

Tonight as we chatted & after hanging up, I thought to myself he's a good guy, nice, sweet, loving, willing to give all. And why am I not trying to get with that myself. Then he sent me a text to say how much he appreciated me, but started it with... "let's get married... j/k". I reminded him that he'd already asked, and who knows what could happen in the future?

So what is it? Contrary to what we often say, about there being no good men out there... Well he's a good guy, wanting a good girl. And there are plenty of guys like him.
This dating thing is a bitch and trying to weed through the foolishness that people will put you through, makes you crazy. I constantly try to remind myself that the struggle of the journey is worth that final goal. Therefore my challenge is to let it all go, and let God have his way with me to get me through this. I release all control to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment